Volunteers are an invaluable resource for most museums and IWASM is no exception. Please consider donating some of your time or talent to the International Women’s Air & Space Museum. Select from the volunteer opportunities listed below. Thank you for your interest in furthering IWASM’s mission!
- Collections Assistant: Includes assistance in preparing objects, department projects and data entry into journals and/or computer; cataloging research objects in the collection and recent acquisitions.
- Library Assistant: Includes organizing files, entering data into the computer and producing a bibliography of donated books. Some library experience is preferred, but not required. Library hours are flexible at this time.
- Research Assistant: Includes answering researchers questions, researching archives based on inquiries, archival filing, and managing researcher records.
- Museum Docent: Provide educational guided tours for the public. Must be available on Saturdays from 12:30 p.m.- 2:30 p.m. Training provided.
- Mentoring: Conference Mentor for the Annual Wings of Women Conference.
- Special Events: Includes setting-up and breaking-down, and everything in between, for various special events and fundraisers. Must be punctual and be willing to work with large crowds of people.
- Administrative Support: Includes doing general office duties, from stuffing envelopes for a mass mailing to help with data entry, and membership.
- Housekeeping: Includes making sure exhibit cases are clean, reports anything fallen or damaged in exhibit cases, vacuuming and dusting in the museum office and gift shop.
- Junior Board: Looking for Young Professionals looking to make a difference at the museum.
For more information on volunteer positions, contact Executive Director, Heather Alexander at 216.623.1111 or firstname.lastname@example.org.