Volunteers are an invaluable resource for most museums and IWASM is no exception. Please consider donating some of your time or talent to the International Women’s Air & Space Museum. Select from the volunteer opportunities listed below. Thank you for your interest in furthering IWASM’s mission!
- Collections Assistant: Includes assistance in preparing objects, department projects and data entry into journals and/or computer; cataloging research objects in the collection and recent acquisitions.
- Library Assistant: Includes organizing files, entering data into the computer and producing a bibliography of donated books. Some library experience is preferred, but not required. Library hours are flexible at this time.
- Research Assistant: Includes answering researchers questions, researching archives based on inquiries, archival filing, and managing researcher records.
- Museum Docent: Provide educational guided tours for the public.Training provided.
- Mentoring: Conference Mentor for the Annual Wings of Women Conference.
- Special Events: Includes setting-up and breaking-down, and everything in between, for various special events and fundraisers. Must be punctual and be willing to work with large crowds of people.
- Administrative Support: Includes doing general office duties, from stuffing envelopes for a mass mailing to help with data entry, and membership.
- Housekeeping: Includes making sure exhibit cases are clean, reports anything fallen or damaged in exhibit cases, vacuuming and dusting in the museum office and gift shop.
For more information on volunteer positions, contact Executive Director, Heather Alexander at 216.623.1111 or email@example.com.